Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Happy Cake Day

Good morning scrappers!  Today I have a layout of my sweet girl turning nine.  This page was inspired by Lasting Memories Layout Challenges. Their challenge this week is to use arrows or hearts.  I knew exactly which paper to use when I saw their challenge!  My background paper is crazy with arrows!  By the way, this picture does not do it justice.  The arrows are actually gold foil and shiny.  It's so much prettier in person.  The collection called My Story is from My Mind's Eye.




This page was actually a bit of a challenge for me (which is why I have avoided using it up until now).  It's much busier than what I usually use.  BUT I love how it turned out.  I think the key was to only use a few embellishments around the photo, which was the focal point.  The "XO", cupcake, wish, and butterfly are all a pretty gold as well.  

Thanks for stopping by today!

Lala

3 comments:

Camille Short said...

What a fun and LOVEly project!

Natalie Dill said...

LOVE that paper! And it is really so perfect for this challenge. I'm sure the gold foil is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories!

Lauren said...

LOVE this! Especially all the arrows pointing to the photo! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!