Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Cat in the Hat

Hello friends!  I have always been a huge reader. I was reading Stephen King in Elementary school (often in my math book which led to phone calls home) and I majored in English Literature so I could read my way through college.  So when my daughter's kindergarten teacher asked me to be the Cat, from Dr. Suess' Cat in the Hat, for reading night at school, I emphatically said, "yes"! 


You can see from her smile, that my girl was really happy that mommy was involved in her Reading Night.  Showing my kids how important reading it has paid off over the years; both my kids enjoy reading and do it every night for 20 minutes before bed.  Love it! 

For layout inspiration, I used a sketch from Sketches in Thyme.  I used Distress Ink with a stencil and lots of rub-ons to create the background.  

Thanks for stopping by today!

Lala

3 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

Super cute! I Love your stencil work. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Karen said...

Great layout and great story behind it! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Eli said...

Very interesting page: love the stencil on the background. And... I love reading too! Eli (Sketches in Thyme)