Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Each Snowflake is Unique Just Like You

Hello crafters! Today I have some beautiful winter cards, in very nontraditional winter colors.  It seems like going a nontraditional route is the in thing these days, so I decided to give it a shot.  And I totally LOVE how they came out.  I was inspired by fellow crafter, Kristina Werner.  I love her work.


To create them, I heat embossed the stamped images with white embossing powder and then painted right over the words with Twinkling H20's Shimmering Watercolors.  The watercolor just slides right off the words. Super easy and fun!  I also experimented with adding a little Tea Dye Distress Ink to a few cards to a few cards, as well.  You can see it more in the next picture.  


This is what I put on the inside of the cards that have a blank front.  I also sprayed all the cards with Fabric Glitter Spray. I love just grabbing what is around me and using it for various projects. Just because something is meant for one thing, doesn't mean you can't use it for another.  Right?

I am entering my cards in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by! Have a great day!

Lala

Are you on Instagram?  Find me here.
Need new crafting ideas?  I'm on Pinterest.

Disclosure: This website may be compensated for linking to other sites or for sales of products we link to. However, all opinions are mine and I only link to products that I approve.

No comments: