Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Watercolor Embossing Resist Technique

Hello crafters,

I felt like painting today but didn't have a lot of time, so I decided to make a card using gold embossing and watercolors.  This is a clean and simple technique that anyone can do.  First, I heat embossed my flowers onto my cardstock.  Then I sprayed the card stock with just a little water so that the watercolors would blend together.  After that, it was just a matter of painting the inside of the flowers.  The heat-embossed gold image kept all the paints confined to the inside of the petals.  In fact, you can paint right over the gold and it just slides off and keeps its sparkly finish.  I used the same technique for the "thinking of you" sentiment.


I am entering my card in the card sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (clean and simple).

Thanks for stopping by!

Lala

Supplies used: stamps:Sheena by Sheena Douglass and Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous, Twinkling H2Os watercolors (Wild Blueberry, Black Cherry, Plum Crazy); Top Boss Emossing stamp pad, Tsukineko #01 Gold embossing powder, Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock, Quick Quotes Very Berry Chalking Ink

2 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

You can't go wrong with gold embossing and water coloring, right? this is so gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Clean and Simple” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Louise Wright said...

beautiful card and love the effect the water colour over a resist has made. thanks for playing along this week with Sketch Saturday. Louise SS DT