Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Believe in Yourself

Good morning friends!  Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge has a new challenge up for the month of September.  This month's challenge is to use red in your layout. So I decided to make red the primary color for my layout.


I used My Mind's Eye Fun Day collection and some pictures of a hiking group I belong to - Hiking Divas.  Don't you just love that name?!  It's funny because as a group, we are about the most down-to-earth women you've met.  We also sometimes refer to our hiking group as our international group, because we have women in it who are from all over the world with lots of different accents.  We have red tank tops that we like to wear for 5ks.  In the bottom picture, I am super happy because this was the first 5k where I had run the entire race.  I have asthma, so I have never really tried running.  It was extremely difficult for me, but oh so gratifying when I crossed that finish line!

As usual, I started my layout with a sketch.  This one was sketch created by Brenda Ragsdale.

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Update:  My layout was a September Favorite over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!  Thank you so much!!
Lala

Do you instagram?  I'm just starting one up, so I'd love to have a couple followers.  Thanks! https://www.instagram.com/lalasworldblog/
SaveSave

3 comments:

Dolly B said...

Fantastic layout. I like how you have the two pics on your layout and really like your design. Thank you for joining in at AFSC
Mary

Anne Pennington said...

Well done, Denise - this is a gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - always love having your work on the blog!!!

Eli said...

Great combination of papers. The result is very cute. Thanks for participating in our challenge "red". Eli (Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge)