Monday, May 5, 2014

Watercolor backgrounds

Hello friends,

My bff, Stacy, and I are taking the online class Watercolor for CardMakers class over at onlinecardclasses.com.  She bought the class for me for my birthday last month.  How's that for sweet?!

Today (day 1) was all about Watercolor Backgrounds.  There were three videos today by the talented Jennifer Rzasa, Laura Bassen, and Kristina Werner.  I only had time to watch and try out two of the videos today and they were awesome!  Even better, the technique were easy and didn't take up too much time to do.  Since I made them in the last hour, the pictures are a bit dark and hurried.



Here's most of the supplies I used.  The heart was left over from another project and was cut with my Cricut.


My other card was super quick.  It's hard to tell in this picture but there is a bit of texture in the upper right hand corner, created by a stencil.  The "Thank You" sentiment was a left over rub-on.  I'm all about using up my stash these days :)



If you are thinking about taking this class, I totally recommend it.

Enjoy the rest of your night!

Denise

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Totally awesome cards!! Isn't that class fun!? I love all of their classes at Online Card Classes!

Lisa said...

Your watercolor cards look fabulous!! I almost took that class...and by looking at your gorgeous cards, I wish I did!! Can't wait to see more!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This looks super fun! How fun to take an online class! Have you done your 5k yet??
Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Beautiful cards!! :)