Monday, January 27, 2014

Soar

This weekend I had fun creating a layout using a couple of pictures from our recent Hawaii trip.  Going up in a helicopter was a first for the kids and I, and definitely a highlight of our trip.  Chris had already been in a few and tried to talk me into taking one without doors on it.  I wasn't having anything to do with that though!  We not only got to see the gorgeous island of Oahu, we had beautiful views of the North Shore, Dole Pineapple plantation, and an amazing view of the USS Arizona.  We used Paradise Helicopters and they were very professional and friendly.  The kids thought it was super cool too, especially being able to talk to each other on the headsets.


My layout has a little bit of my old stash, as well as a couple new things.  The background paper, "SOAR" title, and word strip "Something wonderful is about to happen" is from MME.  The rays were created with a Julie Balzer 12x12 stencil and Distress Ink.  I then used a thin black marker to draw ovals around the colors.  The rest of the paper is some older Sassafrass Lass which I was really happy to finally use.

I used the fabulous Stuck on U Sketches January sketch challenge for my layout, as well.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Denise


6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous layout!! I love the papers!! The pictures are so fun!! The helicopter trip sounds so awesome - I'd love to do that one day!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Charlotte Brochu said...

Lovely layout! I like how you worked with the sketch and included 2 gorgeous photos! Hope you can join us again at SOUS!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a great lay-out! love all the trim! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Cindy Gay said...

Like the "movement" and fun portrait!

Neela Nalam said...

Beautiful layout. I really like that background paper. Great fun photos. I have that Sassafras paper too. I will finish using it one of these days. Thanks for playing along at SOUS!

Jane Stirling said...

Great use of the sketch Denise, and what fabulous photo's too. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!