Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hanging Photo Ornament

Hello friends!  Today I have a hanging photo ornament to share with you.  I was inspired to create this by Roberta over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  The challenge this month is to create a Christmas project.


I created this hanging ornament by first die cutting six squares and brushing Chandelier Glitter Glam on them for a little sparkle.  Once they dried (only take about 10 minutes), I added a picture of Lara to each one and then glued the matching frames to each other so that both sides of the squares would have a photograph.  This is to insure that no matter which way the ornament is turned, a photo will always be showing.  (Note: School photos work great for this.)  Here are the photos I chose for the ornament:


I also laminated the frames for durability before punching a small hole in the them and attaching them together with red twine.

I think photo ornaments are so much fun to look at, especially as the kids get older.  I have quite a few of Nick as well when he was younger, and I always smile as I take them out of the box of ornaments every year.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Denise

10 comments:

rachel taylor said...

love your project thanks for sharing with SEMC this week Rachel DT

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! What a fabulous project!! She is so adorable!! Have a great evening my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! Such great frames and pics! Carri~Abusybee

Cindy Gay said...

Perfect X3!

Toni Herron said...

Ooooh Love, Love, LOVE this!!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, can't wait to see you again in the New Year.. Merry Christmas, Toni..

Christy Butters said...

oh wow!!!! Now I want to make one of these. It's fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing with us at SEM

Helen Gullett said...

This a great christmas project! What a keepsake!
Thanks for playing with us at SEM December Theme Challenge! We love to see you again joining for January Challenge at http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/

cebelica said...

This is wonderful. Such a great idea! I love it! Hugs! xx

Nolene Burnett said...

Such a great idea. Your frames are lovely. Have a blessed Christmas and thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

blsd2scrp said...

lovely work! such a great Christmas tree ornament! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! please join us again for future challenges!