Friday, December 13, 2013

Creating a ten minute card with Crafter's Companion's Inspiration Magazine

Happy Friday crafty friends!  I am furiously cleaning and organizing today, as I get ready for our first family Christmas get together of the season.  I had to really think about what to make for the main entry today, as I stay away from wheat and gluten, while some of my family are do not eat meat.  And then there's all the kids...  If it's not kid friendly, they aren't going to eat it.  Luckily, I found this awesome Gluten-Free Baked Ziti that will work perfectly.  I have already tried it out on my family, and it was yummy AND easy :)  

Though I've been a trifle on the busy side this week, I managed to make an extremely easy vintage Christmas card.  (Are you noticing the pattern of me gravitating to easy projects and menus?)  


I created my Santa card with the new Crafter's Companion Inspiration Magazine.   It is full of beautiful images, papers, toppers, CDs, pearls, stamps, and an embossing folder.  The page looks like this in the magazine.


All I had to do was cut out each image, inked around the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa and then layer the pieces together using Double-Sided Foam adhesive to create a three dimensional scene.  I also cut out a sentiment from a different page and adhered it to the door in the scene.


Here is my completed card, made in about 10 minutes!  Can't beat that :)


Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

Denise

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love the images!! What a gorgeous card!! It looks like it took a lot longer than 10 minutes to make!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carolyn said...

I made this card too!