Monday, December 16, 2013

Creating Cards for my Children

Today I am excited to share with you this beautiful trio of cards I made for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday words to inspire challenge.



When I saw this stamp over at the Flourishes online store, I HAD to have it.  It's called Just My Type and comes with four different stamps (3 shown).  I wanted all the fonts to be stamped in different colors so I used Memento Grape Jelly, Cottage Ivy, Danube Blue Memento Ink Dew Drops.  These are very small ink pads so it's easy to use on small spaces.  I started at the top of the stamp and worked my way down.  That way if I accidentally inked up the lower sentiment, I could just wipe it off with my finger and then use the next color on it.


To create the backgrounds, I embossed my paper with a couple different embossing folders and then sprayed the paper with Tattered Angels Dark Blue Simply Sheer Matte Mist Watercolor, Tattered Angels Meadow Green Glimmer Mist, and Dylusions Crushed Grape Ink Spray.


On this card, I sprayed the colors on a glossy paper, so the colors came out more muted, though very sparkly.

The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday words to inspire challenge is to use words or images that embodies one your goals for next year.  After thinking about this challenge, I decided that one of my goals would be to write more notes and cards for my children, telling them how much I love them.  Of course, I tell them all day long how much I love them, but it would be nice for them to get a card or note in their lunchbox or on their pillow (because my son is way too cool to get a note from his mom at school!).  Everyone loves a handwritten note, especially when it is not for a special occasion.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with family and friends.

Denise

7 comments:

Lisa said...

They are all gorgeous!! I love the backgrounds!! They are just stunning!! The stamps are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I love your goal for the year. I know my children have loved the notes I've sent through the years. They tuck them away in special places. : ) The cards you've made are so beautiful and sparkly. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!!

Tricia

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are beautiful! Great colors and great sentiments! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Cindy Gay said...

Great quotes and typography.

Katie Sims said...

How perfect for the challenge this week! You can tell your heart is all over these cards! I am so glad you played along with us this week for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful colors on these!!!

cebelica said...

Wow, these are very beautiful. I love how the colours blend. Awesome work! Hugs! xx