Monday, November 4, 2013

Storms Make the Oak Grow Deeper Roots

Good morning friends.  Today I have an encouragement card to share with you.  Isn't the oak tree gorgeous?!   This is a 6x6 inch card so you can see how large the stamp is.  Both the tree and the sentiment are from Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Sketchy The Majestic Oak.


I just love the saying from George Herbert, "Storms Make The Oak Grow Deeper Roots".  It's a great reminder for anyone who needs it, that adversity can sometimes bring us strength.

To create my card, I inked up my tree with Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand, Bamboo Leaves, and New Sprout Memento Dew Drops Ink pad onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock.  These ink pads are much smaller than the larger Memento ink pads, so it is easy to ink up only small portions of your image.  Additionally, these inks are a little wetter so you have plenty of time to apply several different colors before stamping the image.

I also added a few strips of paper, flowers with gems, and a gold leaf the bottom of the card.  This is my favorite card right now, and I love that it only took me a few minutes to create :)  It's great when everything comes together so easily and quickly!

Thank you for stopping by today.

Denises

4 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! The tree looks amazing!! I love how you inked it!! And the sentiment is fabulous!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Trena inNaperville said...

Love how you used this image Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love that tree!