Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cherry Blossoms

I seem to be having a love affair with trees this month.  Perhaps because there are so many beautiful shades of color on the ones near me right now.  Living in Southern California, the winter is slow in coming; something I am really grateful for.  This cherry blossom tree is a new stamp I picked up last month from Crafter's Companion.  I would love to see cherry trees in person.



The tree and the wonderful quote are from the stamp set called Sakura.  It is part of Sheena Douglass' new A Little Bit Oriental Collection.  The quote reads, "In The Cherry Blossom's Shade, There Is No Such Thing As A Stranger.  Kobayashi Issa." What a wonderful sentiment for offering words of comfort or support to friend or neighbor.  I inked up my stamp with Memento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink, Desert Sand Dye Ink, and Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk Mixed Media Ink.  The Embossing Folder I used for the background is called Cherry Branch.  I also used the Rich Cocoa and Rhubarb Stalk Ink to ink up my embossed images as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Denise



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Denise!! The cherry tree is stunning!! I love the embossing and the inking!! It's fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous color and fab design!

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful!