Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Holiday Gifts with Crafter's Companion and Xyron

The design teams for Crafter's Companion and Xyron are teaming up to bring you lots of Holiday inspiration and ideas.  I still have lots of holiday gifts for family and friends to make, so I decided I would create gift baskets that could be filled with various gifts.  Who doesn't love to receive a basket full of goodies?  And if you leave a comment on our blogs and/or Facebook pages, you could win some cool prizes while you are having a look too!  You have until Monday, November 18th, to leave your comments. 


To create the gift baskets, I used my Boxer board (seen on top of my Ultimate Crafter's Companion Tool) and followed the easy step-by-step video instructions on The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  The Luxury Centura Pearl 12x12 paper is perfect for making these baskets as it is very strong and scores well.



I used the Xyron Mega Runner with permanent adhesive to glue together the sides of the baskets.  This easy to handle tool made fast work of the construction.



Once the box portion was assembled, I added the handle to the base.



I used the Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots while creating my handle. This adhesive very strong and tacky.


I also adhered some green paper to my handle and box to add a little color to it.  I added four brads to both sides of the handle to reinforce it.


Next, I stamped the sentiment "Holly Jolly Days" using Memento Bamboo Leaves Dye Ink and Dee Gruenig Jolly Holly stamp set.  I ran the sentiment through my Xyron 1.5 create-a-sticker machine to add adhesive to the the back of it and added it to the front of the basket.




I stamped out various holly leaves using Memento Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink and Sheena Douglass' Holly Stamp set



I colored the leaves with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers CR7, CR9, DG2, and DG4.




After cutting out a handful of leaves, I again used my Xyron 1.5 create-a-sticker machine, as shown below.   This tiny little sticker maker makes glueing small items to project SO EASY!  Once you run them through the machine, you just peel the leaves off and stick them to your projects.



These easy to create gift baskets can also be dressed up with just a little paper and ribbon, as well.


Once you finished decorating your baskets, you can fill them up with whatever you like.  I decided on a coffee theme for one of my baskets, while the other contains lotions and holiday candles.  You could also add baked goods, teacher supplies, or craft supplies.



For more great holiday ideas, be sure to visit the Crafter's Companion and Xyron Facebook pages.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a great day!

Denise

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What gorgeous baskets!! They look amazing!! They make such awesome gift ideas!! I love them!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Charity C said...

Your baskets are terrific! Beautiful coloring on the holly leaves!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful baskets! What a perfect way to give a holiday gift!

Sue D said...

Wonderful gift basket ideas--thanks!

Jenny W said...

What a great idea and you made it look so simple that I may even try it!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Beautiful gift baskets. I love the green basket with the holly. AJ-

jon lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jon lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.