Monday, October 14, 2013

What's Your Poison?

Good morning crafty friends!  With Halloween looming on the horizon, I decided to make a spooky card this weekend.


The focus of my card is the cool bottle stamp from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Magical Honesty stamp set.  I made the bottles look more like potions by coloring them in Halloween colors.  I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers OR1, OR2, OR3, GG1, GG2, GG4, LV1, LV2, LV3, CG1.  To make them stand out even more I added Diamond Stickles to them and adhered them to the patterned paper with Double-Sided foam adhesive.

The ultra cool saying, "What's Your Poison?" is from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Magical Knowledge stamp set and stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I also inked up the edges of all my paper with Black Soot Distress Ink before gluing them down with Collall Tacky Glue.

So what's your poison?  My new poison has been peach tea from Teavana.  A girlfriend of mine introduced me to it.  Now I've always been a coffee drinker, but this tea is really cool.  It looks like a huge seed when you buy it.  After it gets dropped into hot water though, it opens up into a beautiful large flower.  Cool, right?  And it's really yummy, too :)  Got a favorite tea or coffee that you'd recommend?  I'd love to hear about it.  It's always fun to try new things!

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

4 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun spooky card. I love the poison theme and the added sparkle is just the right touch.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the glittery bottles!! They look fabulous!! I just purchased the Tim Holtz bottle dies and can't wait to play with them after seeing this!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Katelyn said...

Very spooky Halloween card! I love the glittery bottles.

Angi Barrs said...

So festive for Halloween! Love the shine!