Thursday, October 31, 2013

Guess Who Book Fair game

Hello Friends.  Today I have a different kind of crafty project to share with you.  This week I've been co-chairing the kids' Fall book fair.  One of the things I was put in charge of was creating a game for the kids.


I got this awesome idea from this blog: http://heslc.wordpress.com/tag/silhouettes/.   Let me tell you, it was a big hit!  The object of the game is to guess the name of the character silhouettes.  Three random entries with the correct names on it wins a $10 gift certificate.  To create the large game I used the Mickey Mouse and Friends, Happy Hauntings, Mickey Font, Happily Ever After, and the Spongebob and Friends Cricut cartridges.  I also used google to find a few more silhouettes.  I created the circular backgrounds with my Martha Stewart Circle Edge punch and Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities.

I also put up this "Books We Love" sign.  I created it with A Child's Year Cricut cartridges for the images and the Mickey Font cartridge for the letters.  The children wrote down their favorite book, their name, and their teacher's name.  Again, three random entries won $10 gift certificates for the book fair.


My son Nick, was so thrilled that I was hanging out at his school every day and came to see me every recess and lunch.  During the school carnival, he helped with handing out knickknacks for almost three hours!  That's a good boy!


My husband (who was suppose to get dunked but didn't because a kid wanted his spot in the dunk tank) manned one of the registers for a couple of hours.  The kids' grandparents took Lara all over the carnival while we were working.


Here's Nick checking out some books.


Lara getting ready to color a Halloween bookmark.


I sure learned a lot about book fairs this week.  I think I'll be quite a bit more organized for next one in Spring!  Have a great Halloween and weekend :)

Denise

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it looks like such a fun event!! The game is such a great idea!! The Books We Love sign is fabulous too!! I love books so I think this is just awesome!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angi Barrs said...

I love when the book fair comes to our school. This is such a fun project.