Thursday, October 17, 2013

Creating a scene with A Little Bit Oriental collection

Good morning peeps,

I recently joined an Alcohol Ink group on Facebook and the amazing creations I have seen on it inspired me to sit down and play with the Adironack Inks I own, also with the newly released A Little Bit Oriental stamp sets from Sheena Douglass.  I used a 12 x 12 inch piece of clear acetate as my background.


I used the following Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Butterscotch, Watermelon, Citrus, Sail Boat Blue, Stream, Gold, and Silver.  I also used an alcohol blending solution to help the colors blend together.  Once the alcohol inks dried, I stamped images from the A Little Bit Oriental Koi and WaterliliesLanternsSakura, and Oriental Silhouette stamp sets in  Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Next I sprayed the entire scene with Gold Spray Sparkle Glitter Varnish.  You guys know how I love to added glitter and shine to my projects :)   I just can't help myself.  In person, this scene is much more sparkly and dynamic.  I just love it.  I think I may need to pick up some more ink so I can experiment some more with this technique!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a good one!

Denise


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is gorgeous, Denise!! The colors are so beautiful!! I love the stamps you used!! Simply stunning my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous! Such a work of art! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Angi Barrs said...

A beautiful work of art! I need to try these soon!

Stacy H-W said...

Stunning!