Monday, October 7, 2013

Crafter's Companion October Baby challenge

Good morning friends!  This month's crafty Crafter's Companion challenge is to make a project using a "baby" theme.  The Design Team are making baby cards all month long as a part of a virtual baby shower for Sara and we'd love for you to play along with us.  You can make a scrapbook page, a card, a bag, a tag, anything with a baby theme is great.  



I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers to color this adorable expecting mommy.  The stamp is from .  Here is a breakdown of how I colored my card.  First I colored the mom's dress, hair bow, and shoes with colors BT4, BT5, BT7.


Next I used Spectrum Noir colors LY2, LY3, CT3 for the mom's apron and LG2, LG3 for the baby's swaddling blanket.



 Using the colors FS1, FS2, FS3, I then colored the baby and mother's skin.

\

Lastly, I used GB8, GB9, and GB10 to color her hair.  I made it a bit messy looking, as new moms tend to be ;)  I remember my time as a mom to a newborn baby.  The only reason my hair was even put up was so the baby couldn't yank it all out!


Once my stamp was colored, I then die cut my image.  I also die cut the sentiment, "Time to Celebrate "(Angelica and Friends Jessica stamp set) which I had stamped with the Memento Teal Zeal.



I wanted to use a green ribbon on my card that would match the colors I used in coloring my S.w.a.l.k. New Mum stamp set, so I pulled out a cream ribbon which I customized by coloring it with the LG3 Spectrum Noir marker.  I used the bigger chisel end to do this quickly.  To make it easier, I taped down my ribbon to a paper towel before coloring it.


To pop out my sentiment, I also used the LG3 pen to create a faux stitching around the circle and a quick dot in each of the smaller circles.  I  adhered it to my card with Double-Side adhesive foam tape.


Here's another look at the completed card.



Hope you can join our month long virtual baby shower for Sara.  One lucky winner will be chosen at random to win a $30 voucher from Crafter's Companion!  Be sure to link up here.

Have a great day!

Denise


2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is adorable!! I loved seeing her brought to life in color!! What a fabulous card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pracownia KoliberArt said...

Halo Denise ! This is very nice card, but would you like to tell us where we can find this stamp ? Thank You !