Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lucky in Love

Hi everyone.  Today I have a quick layout to share with you.  The kids don't have school today as it is a local school holiday.  I created my layout using the oh-so-gorgeous Once Upon a Sketch sketch layout challenge where the journaling response was "Lucky".  That was a really easy prompt for me because there are so many things in my life that are a blessing to me. But today I decided to create a layout about my darling husband.

I had a lot of fun with the layout, spraying it with different sprays, inks and stencils around the edges.  The luminous paint are Iris Petal and Solar Gold Silks Acrylic Glaze.


I have a hard time journaling, so I added mine inside the large heart in the center of the layout.  


The beautiful cloud-like hearts and bottle with the word "love" on it are part of the Sheena Douglass Just the Two of Us stamp set which I stamped with Dusty Conord Distress ink.  Here's a closer look at them.  Aren't they so romantic?


 I worked on this layout for a couple of days, giving each layer time to dry.  I am really happy with how it turned out. And more importantly, so is the wonderful man featured in it :)


Thanks for stopping by and having a look.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon :)

Denise















10 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a great lay-out! Love all the layers and details! Carri~Abusybee

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout!! I love the background and colors!! The way the heart opens for the journaling is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kelly Foster said...

What a fabulous page!! I love your background work, very nice. My favorite part is how you've created the heart to open up for your journaling! Neat!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

Helena said...

A lovely tribute to your darling husband! Great background. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

Staci said...

So pretty! Love the hidden journaling!

Val Thorpe said...

A wonderful tribute to your man. That heart with the hidden journalling is a very clever idea. Love all the shimmery colour and the bottle heart clouds are very cute.
Thanks for Playing Along with us and at OUAS Please do not forget to upload your layout to Our FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Once-Upon-A-Sketch/150044095058422?ref=hl
for your Chance to be in the draw for our monthly prize :)

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a fabulous guy page with your wonderful mixed media background. Love the stamping and how you "hid" your journaling in the heart! Thanks for joining us for the September Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for posting your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Eila Sandberg said...

How clever to use the heart for your journalling. This is such a truely lovely page. Thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

Cathy said...

Fabulous page Denise, love the idea of the open up heart for your journaling!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific layout! Love the trio of wonderful photos! Your hidden journaling in the heart is so creative! thanks for joining along with OUAS :)