Monday, September 30, 2013

For You floral gift box

Hello crafty friends!  How was your weekend?  We spent ours celebrating Lara's birthday with her grandparents on Saturday.  That completed Lara's birthday week.  Next weekend may be a little disappointing for her after all the celebrations she's had ;)

Since both kids came down with a cold, we took it easy on Sunday and I was able to complete this large gift box using my boxer board and Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Magical Honesty stamp set. I have really been a lot of mileage out of this stamp set, as there are so many in it.  I stamped the lovely floral corner image with Jet Black Staz-On ink four times onto a piece of vellum to create the square border shown below.  The "For You" sentiment (also part of the A Little Bit Magical Honesty stamp set) was stamped in Staz-On as well.


Once the ink dried (only take a minute), I flipped over the vellum and colored the backs of the rose buds and leaves with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The larger roses were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Premium white cardstock, cut out, and also colored with Spectrum Noir markers (colors used: DR4, DR5, DR6, and DG4).  I then randomly glued the roses onto the vellum.

I create my box using my boxer board (using the 2-inch line for both lid and base of the box) and Luxury Centura Pearl 12x12 Snow White Cardstock.  I cut a 6-inch square out of the center of the lid.  The vellum was adhered to the inside of the lid so that the images were centered in the middle.  A pink piece of cardstock behind the vellum gives it that rosy glow.

I always try to have some gift boxes on hand, just in case I need to throw together a quick present for someone.  How about you?  Do you make your own boxes or buy them in stores?

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Denise

3 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet box! Carri~Abusybee

Angi Barrs said...

That floral box is stunning! Love it!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful box!! The image is just stunning!! I hope Lara had a wonderful week of birthday celebrations!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts