Sunday, September 15, 2013

Crafter's Companion and Designed to Color are teaming up!

Crafter's Companion is sponsoring the Designed to Color Anything Goes challenge this week!.  All you need to do to join in is to color an image and link it up to the Designed to Color blog.  Make sure to check out all the wonderful projects there for inspiration.

I used this fabulous stamp from the Frou Frou Never Too Early stamp set for my card.  I also used Collall's Tacky Glue for adhere all my paper and embellishments.  It's very tacky and quick drying.


Here's how I colored this fabulous stamp with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  First, I used TN1 and TN2 to color the bar fixture.  I used some random dark streaks of TN2 along the top and bottom of it, to give it a bit of a distressed look.


Then I colored the woman's beads, shoes, and the roses with CR6 AND CR8.  The leaves and martini olive were colored with DG1 and DG2.  To color the glass, I used EB1.


To darken the woman's dress, I colored it with IG2, IG3, AND IG5.  I used these colors for her headdress, as well.  Her skin tones were colored with FS1 and FS3.


Lastly, I colored the lady's umbrella with BT1, BT2, and BT4 and the bar chair and vase with HB1 and HB2.

To complete my card, I added a few flowers, ribbon, and the sentiment "Keep calm & drink on" from the stamp set.



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Denise

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the image!! Awesome seeing it brought to life as you colored it, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love this! Great image! Love your coloring!

Lisa T said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Designed to Color! Good luck. :)

Laura said...

Wow great card, love the information you gave, excellent... I almost thought the dress was paper pieced! So glad you linked up with DTC!

mypurplehouse said...

Great card- I love the colors and your coloring steps was a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at the DTC anything goes challenge this week!!
lyn

DIane Warburton said...

This is a very informative and easy to follow post - I've just got this stamp, so I'm sure I'll be back to do it along with your instructions - thanks heaps