Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Be unique be yourself canvas

Good morning friends!  This morning I am sharing an 11 x 14 inch canvas I made for my 10 yr old son, Nick.  I found it really challenging not to add feminine elements like flowers or lace!  Once I realized how many forgotten metal and chipboard embellishments I had on hand, it became a little easier. The embellishments were mostly from Tim Holtz, Prima, Graphic 45, and and Basic Grey.  My favorite piece is the shape of a guy in chipboard from Basic Grey.  Though the metal bird in the left hand center is a close second.


I used Paislee's mist-ables patterned paper collection for the background and Heidi Swapp's Color Magic banners. I also laid down some masking tape horizontally prior to adding my ink.  The "Be Unique be yourself" mist-able quote is from Tattered Angels.  I sprayed all my elements with a combination of inky sprays.  I don't usually stick with just one brand.  I just use the colors that I think would go well together.  I used a combination of Tattered Angels glimmer mist and Dylusion sprays for this canvas.  Once the ink had mostly dried, I added a bit of Luminarte Solar Gold Silks Acrylic Glaze to my embellishments.  I just used my finger to dab a bit on.  It really adds a lot of shine to the canvas.

I am entering the canvas I made in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Something 'Tweet
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges - Child's Play
Pile it On - Tic Tac Toe (Patterned Paper, metal, for a child)
Crafting for all Seasons - for a child
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Any sentiment

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Denise

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is fabulous!! I love the design and the embellishments you used!! The banner along the top is fabulous!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really pretty! I'm always so inspired by your lovely art and appreciate so much having you share your art in our challenges. I hope that you're having a blessed week and that you will stop by to play along with us again soon. Your art is always creative and fun, and I thank you for sharing it with us.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW! What a great canvas! Love all the great layers and color! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Great canvas ! The colors are perfect and great elements ! Thank you so much for joining us at Pile it On Challenges !


Mayra DTM
PileitonChallenges.blogspot.com
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Jani said...

This is fab!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS
Jani x