Monday, August 5, 2013

Inspirational Mini Album

Today I have a fun Inspiration Mini Album I made myself to share with you.  After getting pneumonia last month, I decided to join a gym in order to get my lungs in better shape.  Exercise has never been a favorite past-time of mine so I create created this album to help remind me to keep going and stay the course when I wavered.

I sprayed the front of the journal with all colors of ink sprays, as well as the butterflies.  The beige canvas cover and back was pre-made and came with the two rings to bind it.  For the inside pages, I trimmed patterned card stock to fit inside it.  As you can tell, I love bright, brilliant colors.  I chose the papers and stickers for the album from all different paper lines and just picked the ones I liked best, rather than trying to make it all coordinate.  The very first page you are looking at is actually acetate which you can better see in the next photo.


The beautiful sentiment "When you have a Dream, grab it and NEVER let go" and butterflies are from Stamp-It Australia Time to Dream, which I stamped on acetate that I cut to size with Jet Black StazOn Ink.   The brilliant blue banner was originally white, until I colored it with Bahama Blue Memento Luxe Ink (Coming soon to Crafter's Companion online store)!


While I was spraying the front and back of my journal cover with color ink sprays, I noticed that my paper towels were turning gorgeous shades of color too.  So I decided to somehow incorporate them into my journal.  I needed them a little stronger though.  So I sprayed the colored paper towels with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle Varnish.  This not only added various colors of sparkles, but it also seals in the inks and added a stronger finish to the paper towels.


Here's a close up.




And a few more examples of the sprayed paper towel.





On this page, I also added a couple of sentiments from Stamp-It Australia Time to Dream in Morocco Memento Luxe Ink.  The quote says, "Everything you can imagine is real. Pablo Picasso".


For quite a few of my inspirational pages, I used sentiments and images from Crafter's Companion's Kanji Collection Sets 1, 2, and 4.  This feminine image and strength sentiment (Sheena Douglass Divine Inspiration) was stamped with Morocco Memento Luxe Ink on vellum paper.  Because this ink is very wet, I made sure to dry it with a heat gun.






The Kanji stamps which feature words in both Kanji and English are perfect for little tags.  I used the words Strength, Don't Quit, Perseverance, and Patience in the mini album.






To create a different kind of page in the album, I stamped the very large Key Sentiments image below with Butter Cream Staz-On Opaque Ink.  The color really stands out on the brown paper underneath. 


I also left a few of the pages bare, so I that I could add more stamps or quotes to the journal, along with my pictures or journaling.  This was one of my favorite mini albums to create because I used so many different types of paper, inks, and stamps.  Perfectly coordinated albums look fabulous too, but sometimes it's nice to just play around with different mediums. 



Thanks for taking time to drop by.  Hope you have a great day!

Denise

5 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, gorgeousness!! The colors are beautiful!! I love the designs of each of the pages!! The butterflies on the cover are so pretty!! You did a fabulous job with this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Trena inNaperville said...

Love this idea and design Denise! Your colors and the details on each page are fabulous Sister!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous album! Love all the color and great details! Carri~Abusybee

Stacy H-W said...

WOW!! Totally stunning! Wish I had stopped and looked at it sooner!