Friday, August 30, 2013

Follow your Heart

Happy Friday friends!  It's almost the start of a three day weekend!  Hurray!  Our big plans for the weekend include a Dodger game (caramel corn here I come), going to see Planes, and one of Nick's friends coming over.  I'm hoping maybe the kids will sleep in a little too :)

I have a quick and easy card to share with you too.  It is based on another cool card sketch by Sketch-N-Scrap.  You have about a day left to participate in their August sketches, so if you have 10 minutes, you should totally try this sketch out.


The paper is from MME Cut and Paste and some Pink Paislee packaging that I repurposed.  The 3-d follow your heart sticker is from MME Sky's the Limit collection.

Now that Summer is over, I thought I'd share our Summer to do list.  We got about 2/3 of it done and I am pretty happy with that.  Between the kids' day camps they had on and off, and me getting pneumonia in June and bronchitis in July, I feel like 2/3 of the list was a big accomplishment :)  I think next year we'll par our list down a bit to a more realistic number of things to do.


Hope you have a fabulous weekend and get a little crafting time to yourself.

Denise

7 comments:

Debbie P said...

What a pretty card! Awesome job! Good for you on doing so well with your summer to do list! So fun! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Gary Rose said...

I like your card. It looks like your family had a lot of fun this summer.

Lisa in Texas said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Stephanie Eaken said...

What a beautiful card! Love your summer to do list also! We had one too but nowhere near as long! Thanks for joinig us at Sketch N Scrap!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the sentiment on the wood piece. You did great with your list. We didn't do well with our list this year. LOL :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Fantastic card. Great take. Thanks for joining us at Sketch-N-Scrap!
Thanks
Rachelle-DT
xxx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Denise!! I love the butterfly and branch!! It looks fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts