Sunday, August 11, 2013

Clean and Simple circles

Good morning crafty friends.  I can't believe another week has already come and gone again.  We've got about two weeks left of summer break and are cramming in as many things on our bucket list as we can.  Lara is very excited and a little nervous to start Kindergarten.  She is very social though, so I think she is going to do great right off the bat.  Nick is dreading 5th grade and the major loss of gaming time.  Currently he is obsessed with Clash of Clans and Minecraft.  I've been trying to offset his brain cell losses this summer with worksheets and a reading class at a local college ;) 

Anyway, I finally had a little time yesterday to create a clean and Simple card using some of my Crafter's Companion stamps.  I saw a gorgeous sketch over at Clean and Simple Stamping and just had to give it a try.


My floral circles were from Stamp-It Australia Oriental Delights and Kanji Collection Stamp Set 3.  The gorgeous colors are the new Memento colors Love LetterDandelion, and Lilac Posies.  The sentiment from Stamp-It Australia Sentiment Swirls was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I used Collalls Tacky Glue to adhere my white card stock to the yellow card stock.  I love this glue because while it is wet and can be moved around for a few seconds, it also dried really quickly.  It has a small opening as well so you can't over do.  (Which I sometimes have a hard time with.)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday morning :)

Denise



7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Denise!! I love those beautiful flower stamps!! The colors are fabulous!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo and flowers!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Great flower colors! Carri~Abusybee

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Great flower colors! Carri~Abusybee

Staci said...

Lovely card! TFS and have a wonderful week!

Stacy H-W said...

I love this card! So pretty!!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-233.html