Wednesday, August 28, 2013

be happy find joy all around you canvas

Good morning crafters!  Today is the kids first day back to school.  Nick starts 5th grade this year, while Lara starts Kindergarten.  It's so quiet here without them!

I want to share a beautiful rainbow canvas I made today.  I had so much fun making this.  There is nothing I like more than a rainbow of bright colors.  Our family went to visit our friends in Las Vegas.  It was my bff Stacy who had this great idea that we would make canvas together.  So cool of her, right?  (She actually gave me a couple of canvases and I am working on another one for Nicholas.  He's been asking me to make his something for his room.)


I got my inspiration from this gorgeous canvas made by Juliana Michaels on the Bobunny website.   I just had to make one like it for myself.  I used mostly Pink Paislee, Prima, and Petaloo embellishments which were originally white.  The background paper is from Pink Paisee's mistable collection and I also used some multi-medium matte with a few stencils to add texture to the canvas.  I mostly used Dylusions sprays for the colors, with the exception of the sweet cherry red which was from Heidi Swapp, and the Dark Blue which was from Tattered Angels.  The mistable sentiment in the center of my canvas is also from Tattered Angeles and says, "be happy find joy all around you". 


For a bit of sparkle, I added tattered angels Glimmer Glam to all the flowers.  Here's a few close up of the canvas.







I am entering my rainbow canvas in the the following challenges:

Simon Says stamp challenge - Anything goes
Lexi's Creations - sparkle and shine
Make my Monday - Anything but a card
Paper Girls challenge blog - photo inspiration (lots of flowers)

And here's a pic of my kiddos going off for their first day of school today.  Lara was a little nervous going into her classroom.  I hope she made a friend!


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a good one!

Denise

6 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love all of the happy colors. Hope the kiddos have a fun school year!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the rainbow of colors!! The details are just spectacular!! Stunning canvas my friend!! And what a sweet picture of Nick and Lara!! I hope they both had an awesome first day of school!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kelly Foster said...

Oooooh how beautiful!!!! Loving the gorgeous rainbow of colors, makes me happy!

Hellilote (YanChik) said...

Очень интересно!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and awesome card. Love the pic of your littlies...have joined as a new member. Cheers, aNNIe

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Basslady said...

this is such a cool and vibrant masterpiece!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)