Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Thank You So Much

While my children are bouncing off the walls and holding their breaths in mindless anticipation of seeing 4th of July fireworks, I thought I would share a card to say thank you to all the brave men and women who have played a part in giving us all the freedoms we so richly enjoy today.


To create my clean and simple card, I began by stamping a beautiful heart from Sheena Douglass Only Words From The Heart in Salty Ocean and Festive Berries Distress Ink, and a very white pigment ink which is tough to see in this picture.  I used the bottom edge of my 8 1/2 x 11 Ultra Smooth-Premium White Cardstock to line the hearts up.  I then trimmed my white card stock to a 3 1/2"  x 5 1/2" piece of paper.



Next, I took a fine black marker and added some faux stitching around the edges and inside of my heart stamps.  I did this primarily to pop out the white heart.


Next, I stamped my sentiment "Thank You So MUCH",  from Sheena Douglass' Only Words Through The Rain stamp set with Festive Berries Distress Ink in the left hand corner of my white card stock.  Using red and blue baker's twine, I tied a knot lengthwise around my white card stock.  I then tied a another knot around the two twines and made a cute little bow with them.  I trimmed all the edges of the twine so that they wouldn't cover my hearts.


To finish my card, I adhered my decorate piece of white card stock to a 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" piece of red card stock.  This adds a nice mat around your pretty card.  Once that has dried, you just need to add the matted card stock to a 4 x 6" folded piece of white card stock and you are all done.



Do you have a few cards you would like to send to a soldier on active duty? You may want to visit Operation Write Home and find out how.  Happy Independence Day to all my U.S. friends and happy Wednesday to all my international friends :)

I am entering my patriotic card in the red, white and blue challenge over at S.W.A.T. (Scrap Warriors Advanced Training).

Have a great day!

Denise

13 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

I (heart) this card. Love the faux stitching and the twine too!

Jean Bullock said...

wonderful clean and simple card. Great job.

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love how you outlined the hearts!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

dlwidder said...

Great CAS card! Wonderful way to thank a soldier. :-D Thanks for playing along with the SWAT red, white and blue challenge!

Charity said...

Love the twine and detail you added to the hearts! Thanks for linking up with SWAT

Trena in Naperville said...

Cute, cute, cute Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Deborah Johnson said...

Fantastic details and colors - I also create and send cards for Operation Write Home - What a fantastic way to share your creations! Thanks for joining us at S.W.A.T.

Staci said...

So pretty! I haven't made a card in ages!

Nicolle Kramer said...

Pretty card! Love the faux stitched hearts and twine work. Thanks for playing along with us over at SWAT.

Alison Day said...

So pretty! Love how you added the stitching around the hearts. I honestly thought that was part of the stamp it's so perfect!! Thanks for playing along with our Blog Hop Challenge at SWAT!

Venetia Holbrook said...

So lovely, I really like the clean and simple style of this card! Thanks for playing at SWAT!

Claude said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I'm a fan of clean and simple, this is perfect! Thanks for playing at SWAT!

Lanette said...

So Pretty! I love this simple little card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!