Friday, July 19, 2013

Playing along with Sketch-N-Scrap

Happy Friday folks!  It is a beautiful day here in sunny California.  I've been busy scrapping this week during the kids' VBS (which sadly ends today).  I found some fabulous layout and card sketches over at
Sketch 'n Scrap to get me started.



This is my take on their July 5th card sketch which you can find here.  I used washi tape for the background stripes, while the arrows and stars were rub-ons that I got in a Pink Paislee warehouse sale.  The red and black cardstock and Happy Birthday rub-on were in my stash piles.  I used a black marker for my faux stitching.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Denise

14 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the banners and colors!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Friday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie P said...

I like your take on the card sketch! Lovely colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Rita T said...

I love your take on the card sketch - especially how you did your sentiment onto white cardstock with arrows to highlight it.

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the washi tape! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kerry said...

Great use of your washi tape and love the colour of your card, it looks like a pinky red and makes the black really pop. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi there. What an awesome card. Perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at
Sketch-N-Scrap.
Huggies!!!
Rachelle-DT
xxx

Kelly said...

What a fantastic take on the card sketch - great way to use the washi tape! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

Hillary Harris said...

Way cute! Love your use of the washi tape! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Heather Hall said...

Lovely card! The washi tape is wonderful and I like the pen detail. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Tamika said...

Great way to use the washi tape, such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

Stephanie Eaken said...

Great card! The washi tape looks great as does your faux stitching! So glad you played along w/ us at Sketch N Scrap!

Stephanie said...

great take on the sketch! I love that you used washi tape to create the strips in the background. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

heartforhandmade said...

Ohh I love washi tapes. Good to see that you also enjoy using them. Your card is so lovely. So glad you played along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap.
xx Ria

Brandi Matos said...

Awesome card and color scheme!!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!