Monday, July 15, 2013

Grow

With the 4th of July just passing, I thought I'd better get to scrapping last year's picture of the kids and I.  I used a brilliant sketch and journaling challenge from Once Upon a Sketch to get started.



To create my background, I sprayed ink all over my Pink Paislee Mistable paper.  I picked my inks for the colors rather than sticking with a certain type or company.  They all seemed to blend well together.  I also took some acrylic paint and brushed it across the page where the photo was going to go.  I also used my sprays to color a few arrows and circular embellishments.  For contrast,  I stamped some stars, circles, and some words in Latin from the Sheena Douglass Ageing Beautifully and Fairy Power stamp sets in black across the background.

The adorable party puppy in the corner is from a new stamp collection from Crafter's Companion called Barkley.  It will be available at the end of this week.  I colored him using Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers IG1, IG3, IG9, IG10, DR3, DR5, DR7, TB8.  I also added some Crystal Stickles to the confetti in the stamp.


To finish my layout, I added some journaling strips along the bottom.  It's reads, "May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true.  May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you.  May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong." - Bob Dylan


Thank you so much for taking time to stop by today.  Have a good one!

Denise























4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Denise!! The background looks so fabulous!! The puppy image is so cute!! And what an awesome picture!! Beautiful layout my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cathy said...

Awesome LO Denise. Your background looks fantastic and the colours are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

Eila Sandberg said...

What fabulous background work, absolutely smashing! Love that puppy stamp, so cute. Thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

Chantalle said...

Agreeing with the others about that background - it looks fabulous! Thank you for taking the time to join us this month at OUAS!