Monday, July 8, 2013

Don't Judge Each Day by the Harvest You Grow

Happy Monday friends!  Today I have an easy technique to share with you.  Using just a little water, you can add so much texture to your projects.


To begin my card, I started out with two identical sheets of floral patterned paper.  Using one of the sheets of paper, I cut out a number of flowers.  I laid the cut out flowers down on a couple of paper towels and sprayed them with water using a Mini Mister.  Then I crumbled them into a ball one or two times and carefully unfolded them while still wet.  Thill will give them all kind of cool creases and texture.


Once my flowers were dried, I layered the newly textured flowers onto my background sheet of paper. Notice that I glued them down just to the side of their matching background paper.  This will also give your card a more layered 3-D effect.  I then added two decorative strips across the center of my card.  You could also use stickers, paper, die cuts or ribbon.


For my main focal point, I used the quote, "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant" by Robert Luis Stevenson.  This is part of the Stamp-It Australia Friendship Sentiments.  I adhered it to the center of my card using Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Circles.  Using foam adhesive will add yet another 3-D layer to your card.  Lastly, I added a few more of my textured paper flowers around the top of my quote and sanded the edges of my background paper.


Do you like to add texture to your paper?  What's your favorite technique?

Have a fabulous day!

Denise


2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous, Denise!! The paper is so pretty and I love the crinkled flowers!! They look amazing!! Beautiful card my friend!! Love the new website look, too!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous design and sentiment. Beautiful blog design too! :)