Friday, June 21, 2013

Have a Cosy Christmas

Good morning crafters.  Today I have a gorgeous new stamp set to show you from Sheena Douglass called Farmhouse Christmas.  I thought it would be ironic to post a snowy scene on the official first day of Summer ;)


Sheena Douglass has added six more incredible stamp set to her A Little Bit Festive collection.  I don't know about you, but I like to work on my Christmas cards throughout the year so I don't have a ton to do in November :) To create my card, I started by stamping my images on vellum paper with Staz-On Jet Black Ink.



I let the ink dry for a few minutes and then sprayed the front of my vellum with Spray and Sparkle Silver Glitter varnish.   This spray not only creates a sparkling snowy effect, it also help the ink set into the paper.  Make sure to use a light hand with the spray.  It is better to give it two thin coats, rather than really laying it all on at once.


I also sprayed some white snowflake die cuts with the Spray and Sparkle Silver Glitter varnish as well.  Let the spray set for about half an hour.



Once the vellum was dry, I colored the back of my snowy scene with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: IG1, IG3, IG4, TB2, EB3, DG2, DG4.  I also added my snowflakes the the front of the scene, especially in the four corners of my card, so that the snowflakes could hide the adhesive.  Then, on the back side of the card, I added double-sided foam adhesive on behind the snowflakes, so it would not show.  You can see the small foam square here.


To add just a little more "snow" to my card, I applied Icicle Stickles to the rooftops and around the house.  


So I'm curious.  Do you make Christmas cards throughout the year, or do you rush through them in the fall?  What's your favorite way to get them all done?'

Enjoy your day!

Denise

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love the stamp!! It looks amazing with the snow!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

Just wonderful creation my dear friend^_^
Beautiful image ^_^
Happy Sunday and big hug,
Sonia

Angi Barrs said...

Love the beautiful and cozy scene that you created.

Katie Knight said...

Stunning!