Monday, June 3, 2013

Acetate Floral gift box

Good morning crafters!  How are you all doing this Monday a.m.?  We are on countdown mode with only two more weeks of school left. Whoo Hoo!  

Today I have a 10x10 inch gift box with a clear acetate cover.  I had just bought some new Staz-On Ink and was thinking about what I could use them with. With school almost over, I decided a fun gift box for a teacher present would be good.


To create my box, I started with a Luxury Centura Pearl-14-x-14 Snow White Cardstock.  This cardstock is so shiny and beautiful.  I used my Boxer Board to quickly score 2 inches along all four sides of my card stock.  (One side of the boxer board is used for the base, while the opposite side is used for the lid.  No measuring needed.)


Once I had scored the lines at 2 inches, I cut a small notch out of each corner.


To adhere the sides of the base of the box together, I used Red Liner tape which is a really strong adhesive.  (Do not put together the lid just yet.)


Before you adhere the sides of the box lid together, you will want to decorate it.  Again using my Boxer board and an Xacto knife, I cut a square out of the center of the box lid.  I didn't measure it, just eye balled the sides.  (I tend to be a wing-it kind of crafter.)


To decorate my acetate, I used my Claudine Hellmuth Rock-a-Blocks and Sheena Douglass Silhouette Grasses and Silhouette Wildflowers stamp sets.  The Rock-a-Blocks help ensure clean and consistent stamping.  



I first stamped an image from the Silhouette Wildflowers stamp set three times with Staz-On Hydrangea Blue on my sheet of acetate.  Acetate is very smooth, so try not to move the stamp around.  Just stamp it and lift carefully.


Next, I stamped an image from the Silhouette Wildflowers stamp set twice with Staz-On Iris ink.  I stamped them right on top of first stamps to create a layered effect.


Next I stamped some butterflies from the Silhouette Wildflowers stamp set with Staz-On Hydrangea Blue.  I then added a little sparkle to them with Waterfall Stickles.



While the Stickles were drying, I added a 9 3/4" square piece of paper to the box base for a little color.


Once the Stickles dries, you can glue down your acetate to the inside of your box lid.  I used a fast drying clear adhesive for this.  Then I used my Red Liner tape adhesive to quickly adhere the sides of my box lid.



Here's another picture of the finished box.  I added a bit more Waterfall Stickles around the edges of the acetate as well.  Now I just need to figure out what to put inside!  Any ideas for me?  I'd love to hear them!


I am entering my acetate gift box over at the Simon Says Stamp Anything goes challenge this week.

Have a wonderful week friends!

Denise






4 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

WOW this is gorgeous! Love how you made it.

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Denise!! I love the design and the stamps you used!! Fab tutorial, too!! Happy Monday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lin said...

I love how this turned out, Denise! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp!

cebelica said...

You're not the only one who's counting the days til the end of school. I am too. lol Not much longer to go. I really can't wait for the holidays!
Your acetate box is very beautiful. I'm sure the teacher will like it! Thanks for the tutorial on how to put it together. As soon as I get my hands on the score board I will try it. ;)
Hugs! xx