Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You are such a JOY layout

Good morning crafting peeps!  I have a layout I am absolutely in love with to share with you today.  I used a fabulous sketch from Get Creative as a jumping off point.  It is oh-so-girly with beautiful stamped and colored vellum flowers and glittery butterfly, ribbon, and letters.


The gorgeous vellum flowers are part of a brand new launch from Sheena Douglass called Floral Fantasy.  I used the stamp set Lily of the Valley.  To create my pink blooms, I stamped the flower images onto vellum with Jet Black StazOn ink, then colored the back of the vellum with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers PP2, PP4, PP5, DG2, DG4.


I then sprayed my flowers with Spray & Seal Varnish to give the vellum a little extra strength before fussy cutting the flowers out.



With scissors and razor blade, I carefully cut out my colored flowers.  Notice on the bottom one that I accidentally cut off one of the flowers.  That's totally okay if that happens to you, no one will notice.  Not too many perfect flowers in nature, right?


To create my super glittery butterfly I colored the white chipboard with Spectrum Noir markers PP4 and PP5.  Then I added some thick, sparkling lines with Fruit Punch and Icicle Stickles.  I set it aside for quite a while to dry.


Once those lines were dried I used my finger to apply Ice Stickles Coffee Ice glitter glue and Cotton Candy Stickles to the inside of my butterfly.  I let it dry again and then added some heart rhinestones to it.  It is MUCH more sparkly in person.



To create my tag, I applied tattered rose Distress Ink to a canvas tag using the Adirondack Alcohol Ink applicator.  Then I applied picked raspberry Distress Ink and Icicle Stickles to wooden letters.



To complete my layout, I added a beautiful glittery bird and sparkly ribbon along the side of the picture.    The picture is from last Christmas when Lara found a vanity table under the Christmas tree.  I just love her animated expression in this picture.


I am entering my layout in the following challenges:

Get Creative - layout sketch challenge
Tammy's Scrapin' corner - Pink and Girly with Sparkles
Everybody Art challenge - flowers
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything but a card
My Craft Creations - Floral
Three Scrappy Gals challenge - April Showers bring May flowers

Thanks for stopping by today.   Have a GREAT day!

Denise

16 comments:

Lisa said...

First of all, that is the sweetest picture!! She just makes me smile she's so adorable!! And wow, the layout is amazing!! The flowers are gorgeous...you have such patience to cut them out!! Love everything my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

elenigratsia said...

Wow, lovely layout, and thank you for the tutorial on how you did the vellum flowers ... brilliant! Thanks for playing with us at Get Creative!

Heather said...

A beautiful layout, an adorable photograph enhanced with stunning details and gorgeous flowers.

Thanks so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Morning,
This is really so adorable.
I love this creation so much.

Thanks for visiting and entering this week's challenge.

we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrappin Corner

Sheila said...

A fabulous project,Thanks for sharing at My craft creations, good luck x

Desire Fourie said...

Beautifully creative. Great design, colours and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tammys Scrapin Corner. Good luck. Hugs Desíre {Tammys Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Margaret said...

Very pretty layout. I learned some new techniques from working with vellum from you. Thanks for joining us for this challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
Margaret, DT

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

Such a beautiful, girly, sweet layout! What you have done with the butterfly and the flowers on the vellum is just awesome... Thank you for joining us at Get Creative!

Ivonne said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the soft colors and the beautiful embellishments. The picture is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Karal Schuknecht said...

This is sucha cute layout thanks for joining us this week for Pink & Girly.
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
http://karalscreativespace.blogspot.com/

Laura Love said...

What an adorable layout! I love those flowers - so pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope to have you play along with us again soon :)

Eemeli said...

Beautiful creation. Love how you did the flowers. Thanks for joining our "Pink and Girly with Sparkle" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli (DT)

geoleoan said...

your flowers and butterfly are amazing!!!!!! Lolely lo!

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous layout my dearest friend:)
Adorable image and beautiful embellishments:))
Happy Saturday and big hug,
Sonia

Athina said...

Your detail is simply amazing! I love all the embellishments and the layout is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Irini said...

Denise your layout is super cute and I adore your tutorial I will have to give it a try!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Creative!
hugz
irini