Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day

Happy NSD Day crafters!  Like many of you, I am making layouts today.  I saw a really cool stash challenge over at Scrap Our Stash challenge blog and decided to give it a try.  I had such a hard time choosing which sketch I wanted to use.  So I used two!


For my first layout, I used a some old Cosmo Cricket paper and rub-ons. The picture is Lara's latest school picture.  The "PIC" letters were painted with red paint to match my layout. My fingers now match it as well!  Looks like I am bleeding ;)  I used two different border punches and red bling brads along the long strips in the middle, as well as yellow brads in the center of the flowers.  The wooden border is from Prima and I painted it with a glitter gold paint.  Finally, I used a little bit of washi tape.  Here's the original sketch:


For my second layout, I used paper, ribbon, and a vellum quote from Quick Quotes.  The wooden hearts and letters are from Pink Paislee.  I attached the quote and circular tag using brads.  I made my tag with a circular punch and punched along the edge of the left paper, as well.  I painted the tag, hearts, and dad lettering with Silks acrylic Paint.



Here's the original sketch:


4 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable! These are great, nice photos and love the papers! Carri~Abusybee

Lisa said...

Both of your layouts are fabulous, Denise!! The pictures are so awesome and you designed around them beautifully!! Great job on both!! Happy Saturday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rochelle Spears said...

wow!!! 2 layouts! Great job getting your layouts done and using your stash!! Thanks for participating in Scrap Our Stash's NSD challenge! :0)

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Great layouts and WTG using up your stash! Thanks for participating in our NSD challenge at Scrap Our Stash!