Thursday, May 30, 2013

Every day is a gift

Good morning friends.  Today I have a CAS card to share with you. I used the butterfly from Sheena Douglass Flying Colors stamp set, as well as the sentiment, "every day is a gift..." from the Swalk The Present stamp set.   



I created the mask myself by laying down strips of washi tape, inking the area up, and then peeling off the wash tape once the ink had dried.  I got this great idea from taking a class earlier in the year over at Online Card Classes.  Don't you just love the lime green with the turquoise?  So summery :)

I am entering my card over at the following challenges:

Simon says stamp challenge - anything goes
Celebrate the occasion - Fluttering by

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Denise


9 comments:

cebelica said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooooooo beautiful! I really love the colours and the idea of adding washi tape to the card and then inking it to get a pattern. The "border" you createg is awesome and the butterfly is just a cherry on top. Love it! Hugs! xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great colors and such a fun design! Carri~Abusybee

Katelyn said...

I love the colours together! I really like the saying too.

Adrian said...

Cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Lisa said...

Just gorgeous my friend!! I love the beautiful colors!! I need to learn how to make CAS cards...I have a layering problem ;) Have a great evening :)

Hugs, Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lin said...

Very clever way to get that gingham look! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Denise!

Stacy H-W said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the two colors together. I think it is hilarious that you used this butterfly stamp because guess what... I just made two cards (scheduled to post on Monday) using this same exact stamp. What a surprise right?!! LOL

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my dearest friend^_^
I like the colors and every single detail^_^
All gorgeous^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Stacy H-W said...

Totally beautiful card!! I love your masking. Way to go.