Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crafter's Companion May Masculine challenge

Hi friends,

May is for Masculine over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog.  I just love this challenge since I tend to may cards that are mostly feminine with lots of flowers and ribbon.  Making a guy card definitely pushed me to try something a little different.


My card was heat embossed with white embossing powder.  This is a very clean and simple technique that works beautifully for guy cards.  The cool tree is from Sheena Douglass' Silhouette Country Lane stamp set.  I stamped the tree with Versamark ink, sprinkled the image with white embossing powder, shook off the excess powder, and heat embossed the stamped image.  Then I gently applied Peeled Paint and Wild Honey Distress Ink over my card stock. The embossed image resists the distress ink and emphasizes the silhouette of the tree.

The Sentiment "Thinking of you" is from the new Stamp-It Australia Dreamy Daisies stamp set.  I also embossed and applied Distress ink around the words.

Crafter's Companion Masculine challenge is going on throughout May.  You can interpret the challenge however you wish, just make sure you use a Crafter's Companion product to be eligible to win an online gift certificate to their store.  

Have a great day!

Denise

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the tree stamp...I want it!! The colors are beautiful!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy Gay said...

Great masking.

Angi Barrs said...

Love the gorgeous color!

Katie said...

What a handsome card! I am loving the clean design and embossing.