Friday, April 26, 2013

Watercolor journal page

Happy friday friends!  It's been a rough week here with everyone in the family sick.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little bit!  Not too much crafting going on this week, but I did finish this journal page using Twinkling H2Os. You can really see how the page sparkles with this paint in the lower left corner where the sun hit it just right.  I used three or four blues and purples.  I just love how the colors blend so well.



 Can you see the sparkling spiderweb on the page?  I got the idea from a class in the 21 Secrets journaling classes that my bff bought me for my bday :)  I created it by lightly drawing the web in pencil, then white pen, and finally Stickles glitter glue.   Here's a close up so you can see it a bit better.  It's much more glittery in person.



The quote by Oscar Wilde, along with the colorful lettering, was inspired by Soul Scrappers April Art Journaling challenge.  I just love this quote.  It makes me think in terms of perspective, time and renewal.  The large clock along the bottom was a Tim Holtz mask, as is the smaller in the upper left corner.  (Thanks Lisa!)

I am entering my journal page in the following challenges:

Crafting by Designs - Anything goes
Simon says stamp and show - Color
Simon says stamps - Anything goes
Craft-room Challenge - So Sentimental 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

12 comments:

Cuttin' and Stampin' Cards said...

Wow, What a great journal page. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting by Design and our Anything Goes Challenge.

Tammy S.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Denise!! I love the design and the pretty sparkle!! I hope you are all feeling much better and you are able to get some rest. Thinking of you my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

What a fabulous card my dearest Denise^_^
Wonderful work as always^_^
Have a sweet weekend^_^
Sonia

cebelica said...

I hope you will all feel better soon and that you willget your much needed sleep.
Your journal page turned out beautifully. I like the idea with spider web. Looks great!
Hugs! xx

Lin said...

Beautiful creation, Denise - blue is my favorite color! Thanks for sharing this at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Stacy H-W said...

This is beautiful!! I really love the look of that spider web! I might have to try that myself on something soon.

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely and beautiful page at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

Debi said...

Stunning page!!! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Esther said...

A stunning journal page - love the glittery spiders web, Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room .. Esther xx

soapHOUSEmama said...

Stunning work! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Maria said...

This is stunning! The colours are so beautiful, and I love the sparkle from the H2Os. Thanks for joining in with our "So Sentimental" theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Julia said...

Such a beautiful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good luck.
Hugs
Julia