Monday, April 29, 2013

Playing with my paints

Today's journal page includes lots and lots of different sparkling paints.  I just dove in and played around with the different paints, just having fun trying out the various textures.  The background was created with Twinkling H20 watercolor paints, with the brighter red on the flowers were from Art Anthology Dimensional Gel Paint.  The beautifully cracked gold sparkling wings were from multiple layers of Viva Gold Crackle paint applied to chipboard.  The paint made the wings curve slightly up as well.  Finally, the green leaves around the top of the page were created by applying Silks acrylic paint directly to a rubber stamp and then stamping the leave images on the page.  The gold on the red flowers was also Silks acrylic paint that I applied with my finger :)



The lovely person die cut is from a Spellbinders die, and I added a bit of lace and black ribbon to dress her up a bit.  I used Memento ink to stamp the sentiment.  I'm not sure who makes the two stamps I used as they are buried somewhere on my desk right now and I just can't seem to motivate myself to clean it.

I am entering my journal page in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp challenge - Anything goes
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything goes
The Cheerful Stamp Pad- April Showers Bring May Flowers
Get Inky Challenge - Fabulous Floral Fun
Love to Create challenge - Punches or Dies
Allsorts Challenge blog - Anything but a card
Dream Valley Challenges - things with wings
Pile it on - April Showers bring May flowers

Thanks for coming by and checking out my little bit of whimsy on this beautiful Monday.  Hope your day is off to a fabulous start.

Denise

14 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Denise!! It has such a beautiful, dreamy feel!! The paints you used are so pretty!! Love the butterfly fairy!! Just stunning my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful work,Denise
Gr Elly

Kimberly S said...

What a lovely job on your journal page! Thanks so much for joining us for the CIP challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

Michele said...

this is lovely! thank you for joining our april flowers challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

brenda said...

A super journal page Denise and lots of lovely texture.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

PetraB said...

This is such a wonderful page, beautifully done with all the different paints! Thank you for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Barbara Godden said...

Super journal page, thanks for playing along with us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the April Showers challenge

Sonia said...

Hello my dear friend, I want to apologize if I can not comment on all your beautiful work, but I finally found a full-time job ^_^
Will I be able to visit you on weekends only .. in Italy today is Labor Day and we are all at home^_^
You have done a marvelous creation as always
Have a wonderful day^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week. Tracy x

Zenita Smith said...

Cute page and love all your embllishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Zenita (aka Zenita)
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

sandra carey said...

Great thanks for playing this week at L.T,C, Sandra dt http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Get Inky! Stamps by Blue Moon Creation said...

Beautiful floral card! Thanks for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge. Don't forget to visit our SHOP and contact us with the names of the THREE FREE DIGIS you would like for participating in our challenge. -Thia

BethieJ said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!