Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our Birthdays are Feathers...

Feathers are hot right now, so I thought I'd make a couple birthday cards using the newest Sheena Douglass' stamp set, Falling Feathers.   This stamp set has eight different sized feathers, as well as the lovely sentiment, "Our Birthdays are Feathers in the Broad Wing of Time".


For both the cards, I used pigment ink when stamping the images.  I first applied the lightest shade (grey) to the entire stamp.  Then I added a turquoise shade the upper third of the feather.  Finally, I added a darker shade of green to the very top of my feather.


For the second card I made, I did the same thing with the feathers, but also added a bit of Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue for a bit of sparkle.  I also stamped the saying with both the turquoise and green colors for a two-toned look.


I am entering my birthday cards in the following challenges:

Papercraft Star - Use a Stamp
Simon Says Stamp - Fly
Ruby's Rainbow - Happy Birthday
Stamp with Fun - Birthday
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope the rest of your week is wonderful :)

Denise

12 comments:

Lisa said...

These are so gorgeous, Denise!! I love the colors and sparkle on the feathers!! They look fabulous!! And the sentiment is beautiful!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful Denise!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card, I was lucky enough to use these stamps as I am on Sheena's DT, isn't the detail fantastic. You have used the feathers beautifully . Gorgeous colours and design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challemge. Tracy x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so beautiful!! Thanks ever so much for playing along at Papercraft Star this week

Basslady said...

very extraordinary and stylish!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sylv said...

Two beautiful cards, love the colours and the great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenege.

Sylvia xx (DT)

Stacy H-W said...

These look elegant!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the great layers and colors on this! I saw so many stamps at the CCC booth at the expo today! It was a drool fest!
Carri~Abusybee

Sonia said...

I adore this fabulous card and the colors used^_^
Have a sweet weekend my dear,
Sonia

Katie Knight said...

If birthdays are feathers, I am going to take flight soon! I love the cards. They are stunning. I think I like the glitter one the best!

XOXO
~Katie
Teacher to the Core Blizz-ogg

Angelique said...

Gorgeous cards. Love those feathers.
On the first card I think the ribbon is a real eyecatcher, is beautifull on the second I just love the glimmer.
Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Andrea said...

Very nice creation - like the color and the motiv. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41