Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Laugh out Loud

Good morning crafters!  It is so quiet in my house this a.m., the kids finally went back to school.  You should have heard my son groaning about it this morning!  It's so nice that Lara loves school.  Hopefully that lasts for a few more years.

Today I have a card for you using Crafter's Companion's Swalk Happy Holidays stamp set as my main image.    It's been years since we've skated at the local ice rink... I think we'll go sometime this Summer when it gets really hot :) 




 I colored the image with Spectrum Noir and inked around the scalloped paper.    


I also added a bit of lace under it for a little texture.

To make my pearls match my colored image, I added Spectrum Noir alcohol ink refills to them.  

Here's a before and after picture that shows the color change a bit better.

Using refills means you won't have to buy all different color pearls if you don't want to.  Just add whatever refill color you like to them and your project will all match perfectly to your colored stamp.  I also added a few flowers and a sentiment sticker from my stash to complete my card.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Between Spring Break with the kids, Easter, and my birthday yesterday (April Fool's baby), we have been going nonstop.  We managed a trip to Vegas to see friends, saw all the grandparents, hosted Easter, saw the Croods, Oz the Great and Powerful, and The Host (awful don't see it)  and had a few play dates.   It was a fun week and a half :)

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Crafty Blogger's Network - Anything goes

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Denise

7 comments:

Christiana said...

Super cute card, Sweets!

Angi Barrs said...

This one makes me SMILE!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Denise!! The image is so sweet and you colored it beautifully!! The lace is so pretty!! What an awesome card!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous card and so sweet image dearest Denise^_^
I celebrate my first blogaversary with a surprise candy and if you want partecipate I'm very happy^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Trena in Naperville said...

What a sweet, sweet card Denise! Great tip on getting the right color embellishments!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Justin Knight said...

Let's hear it for the kids going back to school! Oh wait, since I'm a teacher that means I have to go back too. Crap.
Justin Knight- Writing Pad Dad
Writing Pad Dad Blog

Ger said...

Fab card, lovely colouring. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT