Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Sheena Douglass!

Today is Sheena Douglass' birthday, so a few of us over at Crafter's Companion are using some of our favorite stamps designed by Sheena to celebrate her style.  I am slightly obsessed with Sheena's beautiful stamps and I have a HUGE collection of them.  HUGE.  But for today's card, I narrowed down my favorites (for this month anyway) to just three.


The gorgeous floral images are from Sheena's Flower Power and Always Floral Stamp sets.  Aren't the leaf images stunning? To create the background I sprinted water onto watercolor paper and then brushed the paper with kiwi and sweet alfalfa Twinkling H2O's.   Once it dried, I stamped the large branches of leaves with Jet Black Staz-On Ink.  The tiny flowers were stamped with purple pigment ink.


To create the larger flowers I spritzed another piece of watercolor paper with water and then brushed the paper with black cherry and plum crazy twinkling H2Os.   These watercolors contain mica and have a nice shimmer to them.   You can see it a little bit in this close up.


Next, I stamped out my flower images several times with Jet Black Staz-On ink and cut them them out.  The gold in the middle of the flower was created with clear glue and liquid gold foil.  The sentiment was stamped with Sheena's Only Words- Through the Rain stamp set.  This stamp set has so many absolutely gorgeous sayings.


Thanks for stopping by today.  You can see more of Sheena's amazing stamps over at Crafter's Companion USA, as well as Sheena's own blog.

Happy Birthday Sheena!!!

Have a fabulous weekend friends :)

Denise

5 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.I love the colors.
The flowers are great.
Gr Elly

Angela Crafty Spot said...

I love your card!! It is so pretty and my 2 favorite colors.
Angela

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love the pretty lilac color!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and design!! The stamps you used are so beautiful!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

Good afternoon my dear friend^_^
This card is really wonderful, very beautiful flowers and colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia