Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Follow Your Heart Mixed Media Journal

Hello fellow crafters.  Today I have a mixed media journal cover to share with you.  I worked on this on and off for quite a few days.  I would paint and mist and glitter and then wait for it to dry, until I finally got the colors I was looking for.   It was fun to see how it finally shaped up.  


To get the glittery effect of this cloth bound journal cover from Prima, I misted it several times with Glimmer Mist.  I've been buying up lots of different mists lately, and shopping always inspires a guilty feeling that I should use up old supplies before using new ones.   So I pulled out my older glimmer mists and just kept spraying the cover until I got the colors I wanted.  Then I brushed a couple of Chandelier Glitter Glam which really amped up the sparkle factor.



The brilliantly girly paper, including the high heel were cut from Websters Pages, though the vellum roses in the left corner were cut out from a very old Anna Griffith paper.  I added some Glimmer glam to the high heal and girls' skirts as well.  The wooden ruler to the right of the high heel is from Prima, which I also sprayed a couple of time with Glimmer Mist.



The fun pink mesh sticking out from under the large button is from Websters Pages.  The button is so old I have no idea where I got it from.  But I love the sparkly iridescent colors in it.  



The die cut heart around vintage image in the upper right corner was cut from my Cricut using the Birthday Bash cartridge.  I used Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glam on it as well.  



Finally, the beautiful Follow your Heart sentiment with hearts is from the Only Words-From the Heart stamp set.



I am entering my journal in the following challenges:

Creative Craft Challenge 2 - Alter It
Party Time Tuesday - Anything but a card
Melonheadz Friends  - Make It Girly
Stamps and Fun = Creativity - Girl
Stampin for the Weekend  - Anything but a card
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Goes with Sparkle
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Hope you are having a fabulous day!  I am getting ready to go play outside with the kids.  After being stuck inside yesterday (jury duty), spending the afternoon in the sun sounds pretty darn good.

Denise

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous, Denise!! I love all of the layers!! The colors and design are gorgeous!! What an amazing journal cover - I love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Looks amazing! You can see all the amazing layers and details you added to this!

cebelica said...

This is very nice. I like the vintage touch. Hugs! xx

Hazel said...

Lots to look at, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Angi Barrs said...

Your journal is so fun and fabulous! Love the adorable dresses!

Katie said...

Fantastic cover! Loving the feminine flow of it!

katscards said...

A really lovely project and it certainly has lots of sparkle on it for our Totally Gorjuss challenge this week - thanks for playing!
Kat W

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Hugs
Jayne

Dina said...

very pretty thanks for joining us at stamps & fun = creativity

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

A fabulous project and I love Glimmer Mists too. Beautiful embellishments as well, Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining in our "Alter It" challenge at Creative Craft.
Hugs
Bev x

Kim said...

Your journal is beautiful. Wonderful details. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at PTT.

Kim - PTT DT

Kim said...

Your journal is beautiful. Wonderful details. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at PTT.

Kim - PTT DT