Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crafter's Companion April Flowers challenge

Hello Crafters.  Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We all have a cold in my house so we are having a relaxing day at home.  So today I have a card to share with you for the April Flowers Crafter's Companion challenge.



I created my card by first heat embossing my Stamp-It Australia Dreamy Daisies flowers with black embossing powder on Premium White Cardstock.  Next I brushed watercolor paints across my stamp, as well as another piece of white card stock for the background.  The watercolors will blend beautifully and the embossed image will resist the watercolors.  When the paper was mostly dried, I put it between to heavy books so that the paper would dry flat.  For the "Happy Birthday" sentiment (also from Dreamy Daisies stamp set), I embossed the image after coloring the paper, to see which technique I liked better - embossing before or after watercolors.  I think painting after embossing stands out a little better.

To add texture,  I added a this strip of burlap across the card.  To pull it all together, I also added a burlap image on the background with Sheena Douglass Ageing Beautifully stamp set.  

You still have two week to enter Crafter's Companion's April Flower challenge.  You can interpret the challenge however you wish,  just make sure you use a Crafter's Companion product to be eligible to win an online gift certificate to their store.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Pile it Up - Embossing
Little Scrap Pieces - May flowers
Dream Valley challenge - Birthday
Ruby's Rainbow - Birthday
Addicted to Stamps - Birthday

Have a wonderful week!

Denise

11 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Denise!! I love the watercolor background!! The colors are fabulous!! You should link this up at Little Scrap Pieces for our May Flowers challenge (http://littlescrappieces.blogspot.com/) Happy Sunday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angelique said...

Beautifull. Stunning background.
Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Basslady said...

a very stylish and cool card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Angi Barrs said...

I love the gorgeous colors!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful background and the flower is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Wowwwww,fabulous card^_^
I like this gorgeous image^_^
Big hug my friend,
Sonia

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the colors on this and the great layers! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Karen said...

wonderful use of color and layers. Beautiful. thank you so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh just gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy available if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

Sol said...

Beautiful Colors.. Love the flower stamp!.. Beautiful. :o)
Remember to Join the Blog Hop ( if you haven´t already ) to be in the draw to all the Birthday Prizes! and when you have commented on all the blogs.. Leave the final comment at the Happy Birthday posting in our challenge blog..
Thank you for joining the ATSC Challenge this week!
Big Hugs from Norway.. Sol :o)

Stacy H-W said...

I think this is one of my absolute favorite cards you have made! I love the gradiation of color. Fantastic!