Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Your Wings Exist, FLY.

One of my all time favorite designers, Sheena Douglass, has a brand new set of stamps to her A Little Bit Sketchy collection that will be available at the end of the week here.  Here's a little sneak peak of one of them :)


Are those wings just luscious! And I LOVE the sentiment.  So inspirational.  To create my card, I stamped my the two wings onto vellum paper with Jet Black StazOn Ink.  Then I cut out the wings and colored the back of the wings with Spectrum Noir alcohol marker EB1.  I went over each wing twice for make sure I had a little bit more color.  Then I painted on a couple of thin coats of Chandelier Glimmer Glam.  Once it was dry enough, I put the wings under a thick book to straighten them out a little as they tended to curl up while drying.

Next I inked up a chipboard heart with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  I noticed that the ink tended to come off on my hands when I touched it.  To fix this and to add another layer of glitter and sparkle, I sprayed the inked up heart with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle Varnish.  This not only added an array of beautiful sparkles to the heart, but also sealed the distress ink into the heart so It would not come off when touched.  Look at all that sparkle and texture!  Oooohhh :) Cool stuff.


For the background of my card, I stamped the sentiment, "Your Wings Exist, FLY" to another sheet of vellum, again with Jet Black StazOn Ink and adhered the vellum to black card stock.  I completed the card by laying down the wings and centering my chipboard heart over them.

So what do you think?  I'm very excited about this stamp set, as well a stamp set that is full of feathers, and another that mimics mixed media backgrounds.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  As always, I really do appreciate all your comments and feedback.

Have a great day!

Denise

8 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeousness!! I think those wings look a-ma-zing!!! You are a genius!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA this is gorgeous! Love those wings!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The heart and wings are stunning!! Love, love it!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

VinDeeLoo said...

I thought the wings were feathers. Love it. I want a tattoo that is a heart with angel wings and a halo with music notes around it.

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com

Trena in Naperville said...

Lovely Denise! I dig all that sparkle!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the wings and beautiful design! Carri~Abusybee

Sonia said...

Just lovely project dear ^_^
Beautiful colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

soccermom23 said...

Love those wings and the sparkle. I have never heard of the varnish. I need to check it out.