Sunday, March 3, 2013

What's on your bucket list?

Happy Sunday!  Since my girl is feeling under the weather, I spent a leisurely morning in pjs scrapping a layout for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge.  They have the coolest challenge going on right now; scrap your bucket list or something you've done on your bucket list.  How fun is that?!  Having just finished a 5K Color Run a couple of weeks ago, it was the perfect time to scrap those photos.  These are my favorite pictures from the event.  I walked the 5K with my best friend, Stacy, her three oldest children, and my son, Nicholas.  It is such a fun, laid-back event, that I really recommend it to anyone who wants to do one.  And it's totally fine if you don't run.  Most of the participants didn't, in fact.  The mess factor is seriously cool too.  It felt so great finishing one and crossing 5K off my bucket list.


What's totally ironic is that my hands were just as colorful and messy when I finished my layout as when I finished the color run.  To create all these fun colors, I used picked raspberry, rusty hinge, salty ocean, and mustard seed distress ink and applied it to my Pink Paislee Mist-able paper, chipboard letters,  and tissue paper and Heidi Swapp Color Magic canvas stickers and banners.  I noticed on the Pink Paislee Chipboard, the distress ink would rub off if you touched it, so I sprayed the letters with Spray and Sparkle Iridescent varnish.  It sealed the colors while adding some glitter and shine to them.


I also added some washi tape from K & Company and Prima, along with black and grey rhinestones for a little color contrast.  As a side note, when I showed my layout to my son, his response was, "I look awesome!"  Kids are so funny.

So what's on your bucket list?  Have you updated yours lately?  If not, it's a great time to dream big and scrap those ideas over at Another Freaking Scrappy challenge.  The challenge doesn't end until the 15th so you have plenty of time to enter.

I am also entering my layout in the following challenges:
Simon says stamp - Anything goes
Come and get it challenges - Anything but a card

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Denise

12 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love the colors!! The background is amazing!! And the pictures are fabulous!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stacy H-W said...

Totally fun time! Totally awesome layout!! ROCKED IT!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so fun!! I should send you my running pics and you can scrapbook them for me! LOL! Carri~Abusybee

cheiron said...

WONDERFUL layout! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Laura Turcotte said...

That is an amazing, absolutely AMAZING layout!! I love it! Great job!

Sonia said...

Another beauty here,my friend^_^
Happy week,
Sonia

Angi Barrs said...

A bucket list challenge is so much fun! Love your page!

Anne Pennington said...

Loving your colours, Denise!!! Great layout! Thanks so much for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - looking forward to your next layout here!!

Nat said...

Fab layout, just love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Come & Get It this week.
Natx GDT

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Layout, It sounds like you had fun at the event and putting the layout together, so cool. Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It this week.

Monique Liedtke said...

Love Sunday mornings like that! Your page is wonderful!! Thanks for joining us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

Lol├┤ Artesanato said...

Great page! I love the background!
tks for playing with us at AFSC
xx
Leila