Friday, March 8, 2013

Start everyday with a smile

Happy Friday!  I started off the weekend right, with a new scrapbook sketch.


This sketch is from Sketches with a twist.  The "twist" is to use washi tape on your layout.  The washi tape I used along the sides is actually part of a Disney collection, but the circles in it worked perfectly with the layout.  I've had it so long I don't know who makes it.  Coincidentally, one of Lara's pictures I used was from a visit to California Adventure.

The paper, rub-ons, and brads are from MME.  I love the saying, "Start everyday with a smile" that is printed along the bottom.  Lara is the HAPPIEST MORNING PERSON I know.  She just wakes up happy.  It's awesome.  

I painted a couple chipboard circles red and stamped them in white with on of the smaller stamps of Sheena Douglass' Silhouette Garden, as well as cut out a few out of matching paper.  All the circles were outlined with black pen.



 I used a Dylusions stencil and white paint for the flower pattern in the upper left hand corner and the small, random, white circles.  The bling and pearls are from Recollections.  

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I really appreciate it :)

I am also entering my layout in the following challenges:

Hotshot Craft - Anything but a card
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything but a card
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes (with extra option of making Mom's day card or card for a woman)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise


6 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Awww what a sweet page. Love the circular photos!

cebelica said...

I love this page. It's so fun! Fab work! Hugs! xx

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the design and the circles!! They add such amazing visual interest!! And oh my gosh, the pictures are adorable!! She is just the sweetest!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Staci said...

This is a fabulous page! Love all of the circles!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great page and sweet photos. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey this week.
Yvonne

Lizzyc said...

Hi..This looks fabulous! I love the happy photos. and the corner cluster looks lovely.. and thanks for joining in at SWAT too!!