Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shark Bait

Happy Sunday!  Today I have a really fun two page layout to share with you.  I took the pictures last Summer at Golden Nugget's pool in Las Vegas.  They have an amazing pool that has a HUGE tank right next to it.  The tank is full of sharks and tuna.  With a huge glass wall between you and the sharks, it a fabulous and safe way to swim with sharks ;)  They also have a 30ft water slide that goes through the tank.


I used Let's Scrap two page sketch challenge, as well as Quick Quotes' Rosettes challenge to kick start my layout.  All the paper, with the exception of the sharks, was cut with Quick Quotes paper and chalked with their Very Berry chalk.  The "Looking Good" quote is also from Quick Quotes.  Here's a close up of page one.


Here is a close-up of page 2.  To create the Rosettes, I used my Boxer board to score my paper strips in 1/4-inch intervals.  The sharks, fish, and waves were created with Life's A Beach and Birthday Bash Cricut cartridges.  The journaling along this page reads, "Swimming next to the shark tank at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. - Summer 2012."


I am entering my layout in the following challenges:

Paper Crafting Journey - Anything but a card
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Old (Cricut cartridges)
Hotshot Craft - Anything but a card

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Denise

17 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow this sounds really cool, fabulous page!

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!

Sonia said...

Wonderful layout my dear creative friend^_^
I love the funny photos^_^
Have a beautiful day^_^
Sonia

Angi Barrs said...

LOL! This is sooo fun!

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout, Denise!! I love the design!! The rosettes and sharks are fabulous!! And the pictures are so adorable!! It looks like an awesome place to visit!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandi Cl~ said...

This is such a great 2 pager! Love your waves .. and the fabulous rosettes! Thanks for playing along with the Quick Quotes challenge!

kanda said...

Fabulous layout and details. Sounds amazing. Thanks for joining in with us at the PCJ challenge xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so fun! I just love those sharks and rosettes! Carri~Abusybee

Lynn said...

Love how you used the rosettes as a border on your project! Your layout is beautiful. On my next trip to Vegas I want to stay at your hotel.. sounds like a fun pool! Thanks for sharing the story!

Barb Craft said...

What a fun layout!!! I love that underwater photo! And the sharks look great swimming up the side of the page! Thanks for playing along with the Quick Quotes challenge this month!

barb :)

Stacy H-W said...

Super cool layout! I love those waves. They really give great movement to the layout!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Such a fun layout! I love the fish in the middle of the rosettes and that pic of your son is amazing. So glad you joined us at Quick Quotes for our latest challenge.

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

What a fun 2-pager! I love the rosettes and all the sharks! Thanks for joining the March Quick Quotes Challenge!

Karan said...

love all the rosettes, really ads so much to the double pager! Thanks for joining the March Quick Quotes Challenge!

Karan-Quick Quotes DT

Katie said...

Hi Denise!! How are you doing?
Loving this two=pager. It is so full of fun photos and you pulled the theme together so nicely.
I hope all is well!

Katie Knight said...

I love your little guppies!

wendyp said...

I want to go to vegas now just to check out that shark pool! Sounds cool! Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with this months Quick Quotes Challenge!