Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Patterned Paper play

Hey crafters.  I am taking another fabulous online class thanks to my way too generous bff, Stacy.  She just spoils me rotten!  This time she signed us up for Pattern play.  There are about 4 different videos of different ideas every day.  Jennifer McGuire showed us how to make a fun nesting hearts card for day one that really looked cool.  I didn't have the dies or stamps she used but was able to make something very similar using my Cricut.


To create my layers of hearts, I used the scalloped heart image in the Birthday Bash Cartridge.  It took me a while to figure out how to cut out the shapes so that they would nest together perfectly, but I finally figured out that if you place the needle exactly where you want the center of your card to be and then press, "Center Cut" on your Cricut, it will return after cutting to this same spot over and over.  Bear in mind I have the original Cricut, so it may be different with the newer, fancier model.  I cut the scalloped heart at 2, 2 1/2, 3, and 3 1/2 inches on my four patterned pieces of paper.  I also cut out 4 black hearts at 4 inches to highlight the hearts on the card.  Then I just mixed and matched the hearts, using all the pieces show below.  I mounted the paper onto premium white card stock.


The banner was cut from the Happy Haunting Cartriges.  I cut four of those out on premium white card stock at 1 inch.  The sentiments were stamped from the Swalk Winter Celebrate and Popcorn the Bear Just For You stamp sets.  After stamping the sentiments, I then inked up the edges of the banners with Antique Linen or Festive Berries distress ink and popped them off the page with Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Squares.  Here is a close up of my cards.  





Pretty cool idea, right?  Online classes are such a great way to learn new card making ideas.  Which one do you like the best?  I think the olive green one is probably my favorite.


Thanks for stopping by!

Denise

6 comments:

Sonia said...

What a gorgeous cards my dearest friend^_^
Fabulous all these hearts^_^
Have a lovely day,
Sonia

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous, Denise!! I love the designs!! It's hard to pic a fav, but the red polka-dot card just jumps out at me!! They are all fabulous!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christy said...

Wow...these all have AWESOME layering to them! :)

Stacy H-W said...

Love these!! it's fun taking those classes isn't it?

Angi Barrs said...

Love your adorable card set. Happy colors too!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the patterned paper cards!