Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Birthday to you

Today was a lazy day with the kids.  We watched the 1961 version of the Parent Trap.  It's still such a cute movie 50 years later.  I also made this card (on and off on the kitchen island) along with some cupcakes.  My kind of day :)


I hadn't ever made an all white monochromatic card before, but my friend, Stacy, made such a beautiful one a couple weeks ago, I wanted to give it a try.  You can see hers here.  I began by using an ultra glossy, Luxury Centura Pearl card stock.  I embossed the background with  Embossalicious 8x8 Flower Power Embossing Folder.   I also die cut and embossed the 3 squares and leaves from Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Labels One and Shapabilities Foliage.

The "Happy Birthday to you" sentiment is from Stamp-It Australia Sentiment Swirls stamp set.  Because the paper is so very glossy, I stamped it in Jet Black StazOn Ink and set it with my heat gun.  I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Feeling Sketchy - card sketch
Party Time Tuesdays - Die Cuts
4 Crafty Chicks - To "Die" for
Craft Us Crazy - Anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps challenge blog - Anything Goes

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight :)

Denise




13 comments:

Joey said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy this week.

Laura Turcotte said...

That is one great card! For your first time make an all-white card, I think you nailed it! I have yet to do this! love it!

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Denise!! I love all of the texture!! The glossy cardstock is so beautiful and the embossing is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kim said...

Darling card....I have missed your inspiration.....
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dani Cristina said...

Wonderful card.
Really love this!
So coloful your blog.
Love it!
xx

Stacy H-W said...

Such a beautiful card girl!! Glad I was able to inspired you. xo

Julene Matthews said...

Card is so pretty.I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

Naomi Whittaker said...

Oh my Denise this is gorgeous. I love the monochramatic look for this sketch.
Thanks for joining us @ Feeling Sketchy this week :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Denise. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card my dear^_^
Very elegant and classy^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

jonim52 said...

Love the white on white. Thanks for joining us at PTT.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

Incredible texture and a truly wonderful monochromatic card. Love the dies you used. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.