Friday, March 15, 2013

Crafter's Companion March Vintage challenge

It's Friday!  With the weekend almost here, you might want to give Crafter's Competition March Vintage Challenge.  You could win a nice little online shopping trip for yourself in you do.


For my vintage project, I used two stamps from Sheena Douglass' Wouldn't It Be Lovely 2 stamp set.  My dad LOVES betting on the ponies, so I made this with him in mind.  After stamping the stamps with Tuxedo Black Memento ink , I colored them with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (FS1,3, TN 1, 2, 3, 5, EB1, EB2, EB4, EB5).  I think "aged" my paper by tearing them, as well as running a razor blade along the edges.  I also inked them up with Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.    The "button" were made from a punch and I gently added some twine to them.  Finally, I finished the card with a metal key and some ribbon bow.

Thanks for taking a look.  Have a wonderful weekend :)

Denise

5 comments:

Laura Turcotte said...

wow!! this is beautiful!!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design and the vintage stamps are so awesome!! You colored them beautifully!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

Hi my dear friend,your card is just gorgeous ^_^
I like the details and the beautiful image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Kim said...

stunning vintage card! Love this.....
Blessings,
Kim xXx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love this vintage! I love that key clip! Very cool! Carri~Abusybee