Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Clean Break

It's Spring Break in my neck of woods and we started the break off right by driving to our friends' house in Las Vegas for a visit.  As soon as we got here, my friend Stacy and I went to a crop at a local Scrapbook Store.  The first layout I made was of when Nick broke his wrist falling from Monkey Bars at a local park.  For some reason I have had a hard time scrapping these pictures (they are about 4 years old)!  Armed with a sketch challenge from Get Creative, here's the layout I made.



I used really old paper and stickers from Reminisce for my layout, as well as brand new stamps that were just released for Crafter's Companion.  The stamp set, Aging Beautifully, has all kinds of distressed images that add various texture looks, but keeps your projects non bulky.  I used a cracked paper and corner stamp on my layout, though my favorite on this set looks like burlap.



Hope you week is going well.  It's in the 80s here, so we are off to the park :)

Denise

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout, Denise!! I love the design!! He looks so sweet in the picture!! The little skulls and crossbones are such fun touches!! Have a great evening my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

elenigratsia said...

This is a great boy's layout, thank you so much for playing with us at Get creative!

geoleoan said...

lovely page!!!!!!!